The capital raising process can appear daunting to the startup and large, seasoned company alike. With the right legal counsel, it doesn’t have to be. At Penwell Law our attorneys have assisted in raising hundreds of millions of dollars in capital for companies across a broad range of industries, including financial institutions, medical marijuana, insurance, hedge funds, healthcare, software as a service (SaaS) and other technology, and from a number of sources, including seed capital, angel investments, venture capital, debt financings, and initial public offerings.
Angel Investment, Private Equity & Venture Capital
The attorneys at Penwell Law have led issuers of all sizes through private placements of debt and equity in amounts that run the gamut. We assist early-stage and emerging growth companies looking to raise capital from friends and family (often referred to as “seed” or “friends and family” rounds) as well as angel investors and more mature companies seeking financing from private equity firms and venture capital groups. We will guide you through every stage of your private placement, including:
- pre-offering strategic planning and corporate governance
- whether to offer convertible notes, preferred equity or common equity
- structure and terms of the offering
- term sheet negotiation
- non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
- due diligence
- drafting the offering document or private placement memorandum and subscription documents
- investor qualification
- state “blue sky” and federal securities law compliance
Rest assured that no matter your targeted source for capital, our team will work closely with your founders and management team to structure and document your offering in a way that suits the timetable, goals and growth plan for your company.